Monday, October 14, 2013

In the book "Children Of The Mind" you still get those same emotions from Ender in the first three books but they are stronger. The theme of "Children Of The Mind" is that jealousy is everywhere, and can affect you life in many ways.
    
The first way that jealousy is everywhere and can affect your life, is that when Peter says to Ender, "I'm going to kill your son, your eldest son, out of my hate jealousy, love and hate for you." This shows that Peter is definitely affected by Ender being picked first, and that him having kids that got picked before Peters kids. This also shows how much Peter has mixed emotions for Ender and his family. Peter is very sensitive to the subject as well, in the book he hates when people bring up the issue or topic of ender. Ender is very conceded, in my opinion and is very full of himself and his kids, especially. Ender and Peter have a very love, hate relationship.

My second reason is that “How come Peter got all the attention, I was always the underdog.” This shows that there is jealousy everywhere. This also shows how conceded he is, Ender did always got the attention but he doesn’t want it. Peter feels that he is very excluded in my opinion. Ender in the 4th book of the series, looks back on his life and I think that he realizes that he was very selfish when he was younger.

   In conclusion Ender has a lot of issues with his life, in the past, and in the future. Jealousy is everywhere.

3 comments:

  1. I like how you explained and added detail to support your thesis very clearly, and showed how your thesis relates to the 2 characters, not just 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. With this blog post you showed your interest for this book and that you enjoyed this book. You said the theme is that "jealousy is everywhere" and I found that a bit too broad. But you did a good job using parts from the book to support your theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you described the story and the conflict in the story. Very well written.

    ReplyDelete